Johnny Ortiz-Concha Mezcal Cupssold as a set of 4
- *THIS ITEM IS MADE TO ORDER, PLEASE ALLOW 3-6 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.
- 3” diameter, 1” deep
- responsibly harvested micaceous clay from the Sangre de Cristo mountains, New Mexico
- pit fired with local red cedar
- sanded with sand stone, polished and burnished with river stone
- cured with elk marrow and bees wax
- M3 slip
- color may vary due to smoke marks from firing
- In celebration of a love for mezcal, MAIDA is excited to share a design that the artist uses at his home when sipping the spirit. The minerals in the clay define the natural smokiness of the roasted agave, the smoke and carbon remnants from the pit firing give the pieces their signature black color and elevate the flavor. Cured with elk marrow and finished with beeswax, taste glimpses of the marrow and honey.
The cups fit in the palm of your hand and are perfect for sipping anything you want to savor. They are made in the spirit of being shared with people you love, enjoyed with conversation and hopefully food. The cups light up when in union with the person sipping out of them and especially when 'cheers-ing' with another.